Tuesday 2 August 2011

How’s Yer Craic?


My Bitter Sweet Pint

Arrh Dublin, it is great to be back in Dublin. We felt it from the moment we drove off the ferry, which was very smooth this time. We are staying about an hour out from Dublin city in the Wicklow mountains. It’s a bit far out but most of the people that we know here live about 20 minutes away in Shankill and when we lived here we said if we were to stay we would want to live in this area and Glendalough is Melanie’s favourite place in Ireland, we are about 2 minutes away from it.  So this is why we chose to stay here and we couldn’t get accommodation anywhere else, to be sure, to be sure.
Its feels very bitter sweet to be back here, as represented by my bitter sweet pint of Guinness pictured.  We would love to be sitting in a great pub drinking and listening to the Irish “go on, go on” but unfortunately that is very difficult with the kinder in tow.  For some reason they don’t seem to like the pub scene very much.
Yep that is a measuring cup!
I BIN to Glendalough
We don’t mean to be harping on AGAIN how the kids are limiting our holiday experience, because we absolutely adore them and love what they have to throw at us, but it’s hard to reflect back and feel nostalgic when you’ve got Amelia asking for ice cream every two minutes and Noah trying to put crayons into your pint of Guinness.  Also his bin obsession seems to have reappeared since we docked here. But nevertheless I have still managed to add at least two pints of Guinness every day to my ever expanding waste line (jogging has given way to napping!). I have discovered that if Ihave one beer during the day it just puts me to sleep, but two makes me quite jolly indeed, in fact, I had a headache today , could have been hay fever, after one pint I felt terrible but the second one cleared me right up and I felt good for the rest of the day.  Well until about 4 o’clock
Us on the dart, taken by Milly, great snap princess
when I felt tired (as I didn’t get my nap) and had to have a coffee.
Anyway, sorry about the rambling just thought I’d get the weeks blogging started.  Melanie will fill you in about what we’ve been up to soon.
Cheers
maciek





3 comments:

  1. come on Mac...taking Poppy naps at your age pfff! no stamina LOL ;-)you need a lot more Guinness's by the sounds of it? hehe
    Noah...."that's a nice bin, that's a nice bin" hahaha
    Good photo Millie xx
    enjoy Ireland guys :-)
    love
    Mum & Albe (Poppy & Nanna Lol)xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again trotters, well you seem to be having a great time and this time the boat was good with no sicky feelings. I`ve never been to Eire, so one of these days I just might go, sounds lovely.
    Anyway Amber from Italy arrived here on Tuesday and they are really enjoying themselves. She told me to say hello to you and shes hopes that you will also visit them while you are travelling around. I will give her your blog and email adr. then you can keep in touch with her ok. So keep the writing going, take care, be good, and dont do anything I wouldn´t do. Have a great time lol Sue, Frank chips and curly and family Amber xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers Maciek. 2 of them can not be enough!! So take an other one for me as well ;))

    take care and hear you soon
    Peach and Fam

    ReplyDelete