Tuesday 12 July 2011

Royale with Cheese

Hi there, we have arrived in the south west of France and apart from our lovely accommodation, which Melanie will write about, there hasn’t been too much to write home about as yet. So I will write about our experience at the French McDonalds today.
This was only the second time we have had Maccas in Europe, we try to stay away from it because it’s crap. We were driving into another old town and there it was, the golden M.   It had a big playground and it was close to lunch time so we decided that rather than spend an hour looking around an old town for something to eat we’d just have it.
What is This???
The girl at the counter didn’t speak any English so with my best French I proceeded to order:
2 large big mac meals with fries, one with coke, one with water
2 happy meals with nuggets, with fries, I didn’t know how to order a juice so I asked for water
When the order came I had everything for us and 2 happy meal boxes with 2 small cokes, I tried to question the coke but just got a blank stare so I thought ‘that’s not a bad effort we’ll settle for the coke, the kids can drink mels water’.  When we open the happy meal boxes there were two hamburgers, no nuggets. Our kids don’t know hamburgers, they know nuggets. They don’t eat what they don’t know so they had to settle for just fries for lunch and a strange banana and strawberry milk thing that looks like yoghurt. They were happy with their toy though, which was some weird contraption which apparently belongs on the top of a pencil.  I on the other hand didn’t want to waste their burgers so I ate them which in turn resulted in us spending our time in the old town looking for a public toilet and fast.
Every time I eat McDonalds I say ‘never again’.  And again I said it today. The cool thing though about McDonald in France is, like John Travolta said in Pulp Fiction, you can get beer.  But it’s not some expensive extra.  You can get it as part of your Big Mac meal, instead of coke for example, how cool is that?
Maciek

No comments:

Post a Comment